Penrhyn Halen is a big, traditional family house surrounded by garden and fields, super-comfy with 7 bedrooms and views. For all who love the countryside this is the place for group or family celebrations with fantastic uninterrupted views across rural farmland and close to the beaches at Aberffraw, Anglesey.
- Sleeps 14
- 7 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms
- Enclosed garden and off road parking
- Dogs welcome
Price from £460 – £2100
Penrhyn Halen is situated in a beautifully quiet, rural location between the villages of Hermon and Aberffraw. This fantastic farmhouse sleeps 14 and is great for family reunions and large gatherings. Even when full it feels spacious.
Open the front door and hang your coats ready to really enjoy yourselves. The games room greets you as you come in – a full sized pool table and plenty of games to choose from, something for everyone. Just off the games room is the downstairs cloakroom and a large utility room with washing machine and dryer.
Straight through to a small hall to enter the first of 2 sitting rooms. This one is casual and packed full of games, a TV/DVD player and overlooking the garden with large sofas and a beanbag to flop onto. A great place for children to congregate and make as much noise as they want.
Across the hall is an enormous farmhouse kitchen with a long table that seats 14 comfortably. There is also a smaller table should the children wish to branch off and have their own party – or perhaps you’d like to lay all the food on here ready to party. The kitchen is perfectly adaptable for large gatherings, just like the rest of the house. Open the enormous American fridge and pack it full of goodies ready to spoil one another at meal times – room for a bottle of fizz or three, celebrations or not you are on holiday and deserve it ! With a full sized upright freezer you can prepare many of the meals beforehand so that everyone has time off when they get here. Turn on the stereo and turn up the music then open the French Windows to the garden – this room helps take the party outside on fine days.
Cross the large tiled hall to the more formal sitting room where adults can congregate round the open fire and catch up on all the news. Party games, movie nights, celebrations or just time together this is a great room to relax in. With huge windows onto the garden to allow the light to flood in.
There is a porch area by the more formal sitting room – this can be accessed from outside and houses a large BBQ. Time off from cooking and an art form all of its own – the family BBQ…
Up the formal stairs to the bedrooms – sleepy heads or time to change after a fun day at the beach, either way the rooms are large and there is plenty of storage space.
There are three master bedrooms with double beds and en-suite bathrooms. Each has masses of wardrobe and chest of drawers space. Further along the hall is another twin room with an en-suite bathroom – with enormous windows that look out onto the spacious garden. Light floods in all the rooms making you feel energised when you wake up – ready for another fun day ahead.
Down the hall are three twin rooms – begging for midnight feasts and whispers of the adventures the morning brings. Off to Aberffraw Beach or further along to Rhosneigr Beach – time to learn to windsurf or laugh about all the times you fell off trying! Sandy toes, sandcastle competitions, ice creams galore – the days ahead packed full of exciting things to do.
There is a large bathroom for these twin rooms to share – and with a bath and separate shower there is no excuse for not washing off the day!
- Accommodation can sleep up to 14 guests – changeover day is Friday (4pm check in/10am check out)
- Short breaks available with a Monday or Friday changeover option. Can be flexible
- Within 5 minute drive from Aberffraw beach and 10 minutes from Rhosneigr beach
- Situated in the countryside with stunning views across rural farmland
- Entrance hall with pegs for coats
- Games room with full sized billiard table
- Utility Room with washing machine, dryer, ironing board and iron
- Downstairs cloakroom with lavatory and basin
- Informal sitting room with large selection of games and TV/DVD player
- Formal sitting room with open fire, TV/DVD player
- Large kitchen with table that seats 14 comfortably and a smaller table to seat a group
- Kitchen with dishwasher, large electric range cooker, large upright fridge, large upright freezer, microwave and French doors that open onto garden
- Large hall and separate covered and enclosed porch
- Bedroom 1 – very large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 2 – very large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 3 – very large bedroom with double bed, wardrobe, chest of drawers, dressing table and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 4 – twin room, wardrobe, chest of drawers and en-suite bathroom (bath with shower over, lavatory and basin)
- Bedroom 5 – twin room, wardrobe
- Bedroom 6 – twin room, wardrobe
- Bedroom 7 – twin room, wardrobe
- Bathroom – bath, separate shower, basin and lavatory
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Storage for bikes in utility room !!
- Electric central heating and hot water
- Travel cot and highchair available upon request
- Electricity included
- Large off road parking and plenty of room for cars and boats
- Enclosed garden with table and chairs
- Wood and kindling supplied for first fire
- Wifi throughout the house
- Dogs permitted
- No smoking
- Prices from £460 – £2100
Penrhyn Halen is situated in a peaceful location, overlooking farmland with the sea beyond. The beautiful long beach at Aberffraw and the wonderful sand dunes are a five minute drive away. Just a little further is Llyn Coron, a popular fishing lake. The rest of Anglesey’s attractions and the mountains of Snowdonia are all within easy travelling from this house. Sailing, canoeing and kite-surfing are available in nearby Rhosneigr. With easy access to the Isle of Anglesey Coastal Footpath, there is plenty to occupy walkers and nature lovers in the area.
The Isle of Anglesey Riding Center, Newborough Forest Park, Anglesey sea zoo amongst many more are a short distance away, whilst James Pringle Weavers and the National Trust’s Plas Newydd at Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch are within driving distance. Snowdonia National Park is about 30 minutes drive away, giving access to wonderful mountain walks. For those wishing to go further afield, day trips to Dublin are available via the fast ferry from Holyhead. Shops 2 miles away and Pubs 3 miles away.